Seminary pt.2

I got a call from Candler. It's the assistant dean, she wants me to call her back. I figure it's because I haven't told them if I am planning on being at Emory in the Fall. I call her during my lunch break at work, she answers. I start to tell her I'm sorry I haven't been in touch about attendance in the Fall, but apparently she wants to talk about something else. "i just wanted to call and tell you that we can offer you a scholarship!" "Really... How much might be available to me?" "how much did Wesley offer you?" ... "we can beat that!" For a moment I'm tempted, it would make sense to go where I have more resources. But I JUST decided yesterday where I want to go! Why now? What do I do? Then I realize... God will provide. I realize I will be sad if I don't go to Wesley. I realize life is about choices and trusting yourself, and having faith, even when the answers are cloudy. So I say thanks, but no thanks. Shaken but confident... Worst timed phone call ever!

Comments

  1. I am a little astonished to read this. I think you supose that where you feel rigth is the place that God want you to go. If you said that I believe you but why God prefers you go to Wesley instead Emory? He let you decide.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ash Wednesday

Needed Healing

Bright lights, big city!