Birthdays and Next Steps

Been having fun with my guest blogs— which is you haven't had a chance to read through them, take the time to do so. It was a little over a month ago I realized I know much more fascinating people than myself, with all sorts of life experiences worth collecting. I'm still hoping to get a few more responses  from friends and family, which I will happily post and share with you all.


A lot has happened since my last post. Not least of which is that I am moving to DC soon! In just over four weeks to be exact. Secondly, I am now a quarter of a century old. I've never liked the concept of claiming to be one age for the rest of my life, therefore I am not 21 for the 5th time or celebrating the 7th anniversary of my 18th brithday. Next year I will be 26, and heres hoping Jesus returns before I have to face 30. However, according to Theresa "when you're 25 your 30." So thanks for that T.


Sadly, 25 came and wen't without much hoopla. Although I can't say I'm all together sad about letting it slip by quietly. Birthdays are one of those days we put too much much pressure on to be perfect and memorable. It's difficult living up to all the hype, which is why I'm convinced more drama happens on holidays and anniversaries than any other days in the year.


The only disapointing aspect of my birthday was the lack of mail. When did we start sending birthday Facebook messages instead of birthday cards? Maybe it's my personal fondness for old fashion sentiment... but there's something deeply impersonal about your closest friends saying "Happy Birthday" to you, only after they've taken the time to post twenty low quality photos of what they had to eat last night.


In any event, I'm grateful; grateful for existing, grateful for good friends and family. And as much as my soul feels like its dying a slow and painful death at work, I'm grateful for a steady job.


No time to dwell on any of that however, because this month is jam packed! My final day of work is July 21st. After that I am taking a short trip up to Jacksonville to see old friends. Then, heading back down south to spend the week with my friend June from Norway!!! I am out of my mind excited about seeing her again, and the fact that Marie will be here again is just the icing on top. I've had to consistently stop my mind from trying to fast forward into next summer, when the whole Bradford crew will be together again, otherwise I'll miss what is exciting about being here and now.


June and Marie leave the 6th, I'll be packing the 7th and then driving up to DC the 8th. I'm hoping at some point in the middle there will be time for breathing, eating and sleeping. It's stranger how life seems to stop and start. In my experience, it's rarely a consistent momentum. Rather a jerky exchange between being listless and overcommitted.


Guess there's nothing to do but take my next steps. He it goes, left then right, the dance of determination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Needed Healing

Ash Wednesday

Where to begin...